Friday, May 30, 2008

Ready, set....GO!

It's hard to believe where life has taken me this far :) I can remember being five and just wishing with all of my heart I was sixteen...I knew I would never get there! Then all of a sudden, I made it.
This is another time in life, engaged, almost married, in college, moving away from home for the first time, that seemed like it would never come; it's here. David and I have been engaged for almost 10 months and the days are flying. In 29 days we'll be Mr. and Mrs. David Gunderson, although if anyone calls me that I probably won't answer...for a while anyway ;)
We found an apartment this week! David will tell you that I instantly fell in love with it. The location is great and it has everything we need. Two bedrooms, on bath, laundry room, good size garage...I'll have to post pictures when we have it all set up!
The wedding is coming along pretty well...I'm anxiously waiting for my dress to come in. I ordered it about 4 months ago!! It should be here today or tomorrow :) All the bridesmaids have their dresses fitted tonight, I'm so excited, and a bit jealous ;) the dresses are gorgeous and such a fun color!
This weekend has turned out to be a crazy one...the story of our life it seems! Rachel graduates from high school tomorrow as valedictorian!! I am SO proud of her, she worked so hard to get to this place. Unfortunately the army scheduled David's award dinner and family weekend for this SAME weekend. I am really looking forward to it, but a little sad that two huge events had to conflict. David and I leave this afternoon for the Dells. The army is providing soldiers and parents with free rooms at the Chula Vista resort and I'm going to stay with my "long lost friend" Amber...YEAH!!! So anyway, these are fun times...we've had some frustrating moments, but I hope to never forget the joy and excitement of everything :) God is good. We are so blessed to be His. I love you David!!

No comments: