Thursday, April 10, 2008

21st time...

How. How does one approach a Holy God after making the same mistake 20 (or 21) times? And not only that but asking for forgiveness just as many...! I'm reminded right now of the song called "21st Time" by Monk and Neagle and the line that says, "And I'm thankful there's more than the 21st time..." Can you imagine if we only had 21 chances to get things right?! I know where I'd be headed if that were the case!
I think sometimes, because I don't see immediate consequences or I can "ask forgiveness whenever I want" (which isn't biblical) I allow myself to continue making the same mistake...
Leviticus 19:2 says, "Speak to all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say to them: You shall by holy, for I the Lord your God am holy." Maybe I need to change my thinking, God commands holiness because He is holy. Is that not enough reason to do what is right?

No comments: